Parental Combo Platter: RAD+ALJ=Makes More Sense Aug 22, 2016 19:10:34 GMT markg171, voice, and 6 more like this
Post by SlyWren on Aug 22, 2016 19:10:34 GMT
Parental Combo Platter:
Accidental Run-in + RAD + ALJ = Story Makes More Sense
SHORT VERSION: The books’ symbolism and plot fit together better if:
A. Rhaegar did not “take” or “elope with” Lyanna. He but ended up with her by accident.
B. Rhaegar and Ashara are Dany’s parents. (RAD)
C. Arthur and Lyanna are Jon’s parents. (ALJ)
United, the backstory, characterizations, and symbolism work together better.
To markg171 for his comprehensive analysis of the massive holes in Dany’s backstory and their implications. thelasthearth.com/thread/572/dany
To @superunknown5 for his arguments on Arthur as Jon’s father.
To voice for his arguments on Arthur as Jon’s father and the implications thereof.
And to Lady Dyanna , who first persuaded me that Lysa’s death in the Eyrie echoes Ashara’s. thelasthearth.freeforums.net/post/14005/thread
A. If Rhaegar did not “take” or “run off” with Lyanna, but instead ended up with her after she ran from trouble that would explain: thelasthearth.com/thread/879/tywin-lyanna-porcupine-knight
1. Ned’s attitude towards Rhaegar—or lack thereof.
2. Absolutely no direct account of how Lyanna disappeared. Or verifiable confirmation of Rhaegar’s direct involvement in Lyanna’s initial disappearance.
3. Why Brandon reacts first, before any record of Rickard’s reaction: if someone was trying to foment war, taking Lyanna and stoking Brandon’s anger could cause big trouble.
4. The clear echoes between Lyanna and her nieces, Arya and Sansa: both Sansa and Arya end up with people who did not originally “take” them after escaping from the Lannisters.
5. Why the Brotherhood without Banners, who echo the tower Kingsguard, become Arya-the-Stark-Maid’s protectors and keepers by happenstance. No eloping. No kidnap. And not their primary mission.
6. Evidence in the novels and World Book that Rhaegar plotted to remove his father.
7. Evidence in the novels and World Book that Tywin fomented rebellion to get rid of Aerys and crown Rhaegar instead.
8. Why the knights defeated by the Knight of the Laughing Tree come from families who are Tywin’s underhanded lackeys.
B. If Dany is Rhaegar and Ashara’s child, conceived to complete Rhaegar’s trio, that would explain:1. Why Dany’s backstory is a mess with big holes.
2. Why Quaithe keeps telling her to “remember” who she is—she’s forgotten her past.
3. Why Dany thinks Viserys “was no dragon,” agrees that Rhaegar was the Last Dragon, then calls herself “The Dragon’s Daughter,” all in the first book.
4. Why Dany sees herself in Rhaegar’s armor (very Star Wars) before she wakes the dragons. And dreams of herself as Rhaegar, winning his battle on the Trident.
5. Why Rhaegar looks at Dany when he says, “there must be one more.”
6. Why Dany is called a “Child of Three.” She isn’t just a third child. She was a child conceived specifically to complete a very specific trio.
7. Why Dany looks like Ashara’s daughter. And why Martin has Barristan think that completely out of the blue.
8. Why Ashara and her death repeatedly crop up in the novels. If Ashara was in love with “her” prince, her tower suicide is significant and this quote makes a lot more sense:
[He] sang about some stupid lady throwing herself off some stupid tower because her stupid prince was dead. The lady should go kill the ones who killed her prince. Feast, Cat of the Canals
9. Why Dany feels a strong emotional connection to Rhaegar (“sweet sadness”), but not to her “father,” Aerys (Drogon shrieks and digs his claws into Dany).
10. Why Rhaegar says Aegon’s song “is the song of ice and fire.” No one says or implies that a person must “be” the song of ice and fire.
11. Why Dany doesn’t recognize the name Rhaegar whispers as he dies in her vision, even though she believes he died over Lyanna. Dany knows Lyanna’s and Elia’s names very well. If Rhaegar spoke a woman’s name that Dany doesn’t know, that would explain why she recognizes it as a woman’s name, but the name itself doesn’t register. “Lyanna” or “Elia” should definitely have registered.
CONTINUED IN NEXT POST